Blogger HTML5 template layout issue.
Those of you Blogger users who are shall I say "template editing savvy" have most likely come across HTML5 and may have had a play about with the new elements in your template.
Whilst editing the template on this blog I came across a problem in which <b:sections/> were not being rendered in the layout tab on the admin panel, so adding widgets was not a possibility. When looking into the issue I saw a pattern whereby <b:sections/> wrapped within the new <sections/> element were the only sections not being rendered in the layout tab. I then thought of a way of fixing the issue and here's my solution. replace the < with &lt; and > with &gt; so your final edit should look something like:
&lt;section id='main'&gt; <b:section class='main' id='blog'> <b:widget id='Blog1' locked='true' title='Blog Posts' type='Blog'/> </b:section> &lt;/section&gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment